Friday, August 14, 2015

Orientation Day

Hey all!  It's been a crazy couple of weeks since I last wrote with lots of new things beginning.  I will finish up my ice cream scooper job at the end of the month, but I have already begun my position as a box office ticket seller with the Portland'5 Center for the Arts.  While I am not encouraged to work during school, this job is an occasional one and will be perfect for replenishing my bank account after this summer.  It's easy and means I get to hang around the theatre, so no complaints!

Speaking of school, I start Monday.  Orientation was today, and I was able to listen to some current students and administrators give out helpful hints on what to expect the first year.  I'm feeling better about it after a few shaky weeks of not having my schedule or any clue what was really going on (we just got our final class schedule and book list on Wednesday!).  So on Monday we begin Legal Methods, which is described as a practice opportunity for the rest of the year.  It's the only class I have for the next two weeks and has all the components of a normal class (reading assignments, final exam, etc), just shortened and graded pass fail.  Now that it's here, I'm excited to get started!  Until then, I will do my best to relax, snuggle with Emmitt, and enjoy the last few days of summer.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment